A. The Library operations
A. The library will serve all residents of the University community and the general public.
B. Service will not be denied or abridged because of religious, racial, social, economic, or political status; or because of mental, emotional, or physical condition; age; or sexual orientation.
C. The use of the library may be denied for due cause. Such cause may be failure to return library materials or to pay penalties, destruction of library property, disturbance of other patrons, or any other illegal, disruptive, or objectionable conduct on library premises.
D. All prospective e-library users must be registered prior to using our e-resources.
E. All registration applications are to be reviewed and approved or rejected within 24 hours.
F. Students may be required to present their library card before access to the physical library facility.
G. Access to the serials, resources, and subscriptions are only allowed after a user has been approved.
H. The Library is departmentalized and a user is provided with
B. Administrative Policy
The person appointed as University librarian shall be charged with the sole administration of the library.
- The University librarian shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor in matters pertaining to and concerning the library; be present at monthly board meetings and prepare and present such reports and meeting documents as requested.
- The University librarian shall maintain financial records in an efficient manner; present periodic reports to the library board and to the municipal governing body; prepare the draft of the annual budget to be presented to the Management, and assist trustees with presentation of the adopted request for appropriation to the Governing Council.
- The University librarian shall hold regular meetings with staff and/or volunteers for training and interpreting board policy.
- The University librarian will be responsible for preparing annual performance assessments for library staff and volunteers.
- The University librarian shall have the responsibility for collection development for all materials in the library; this includes selection, ordering, processing, weeding, and inventory of the collections according to the guidelines in the policy.
- The University librarian will recommend changes in or additions to library policies as needed.
- The University librarian will perform preparatory work to assist the Management with regular library planning.